Monday, April 10, 2006

Parkinson's law: Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion

Something I’ve noticed in my own life is that when I have many important things happening I somehow manage to complete them all and do them well. Last October I was acting in a musical production (yes me actually singing, and dancing on stage!!!) on which I spent most of my weekends and weekdays after work, I did my GMAT (aptitude test needed to get into any good MBA program) and of course had my usual work load. I actually did all three well. (Even if I do say so myself :0) )
When I have less work I some how still manage to kill the rest of the time doing nothing in particular. So I do believe that Parkinson’s Law does have an effect.
We never really “not have enough time” to do anything important. It’s simply we decide it’s not important enough for us to find time. When there’s a lot to get done we just waste less time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home