Thursday, April 20, 2006

From Effectiveness to Greatness


Went through a summary of this book. Sounds really good, so thought of buying it, unfortunately the book I almost bought didn't come with the DVD, so thought of waiting and getting one that has the DVD.

I loved Steven Covey's earlier book, 7 Habits of Effective People too. It had some really good advice which I'm trying to follow my self.

This book is all about "Finding your voice and inspiring others to do likewise."
The word inspire is derived from the Latin inspirare which means to breath life into another. (wow!)

A small section of the book says
“I have found that by making four simple assumptions in our lives we can immediately begin leading a more balanced, integrated, powerful life.
1.For the body – assume you’ve had a heart attack; now live accordingly.
2.For the mind – assume the half-life of your profession is two years; now prepare accordingly.
3.For the heart – assume everything you say about another,they can overhear; now speak accordingly.
4.For the spirit – assume you have a one-on-one visit with your Creator every quarter; now live accordingly.”– Stephen Covey
Every area of Life would definitely be great if we take this advice.

A cool quote from this book
“All children are born geniuses;9,999 out of every 10,000 are swiftly,
inadvertently, degeniusized by grownups.” - (So that's what happened to me!!!)
– Buckminster Fuller

3 Comments:

Blogger FooBarMe said...

Sounds like a good book!! I will try to check it out.

2:12 am, April 22, 2006  
Blogger Turtle Guy said...

You may also check out Rich Dad, Poor Dad - A really effective read to change your view on money - why we need it to survive and why it's bad NOT to have it in abundance.

4:26 am, April 25, 2006  
Blogger Roshanthi said...

These days I do realize 'why it's bad not to have money in abundance' cos the only thing standing in my way to getting my MBA is money!!! (so I'm applying for all the loans and schols available and keeping fingers crossed!)

Anyway sounds like a good book, I did see it in a store must check it out.

5:11 am, April 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home