Monday, June 26, 2006

Another Bomb Blast…

Just heard about another bomb blast in Pannipitiya 04 people including Deputy Chief of Staff, Sri Lanka Army, Major General Parami Kulathunga, were killed due to the explosion. More details about this can be found here.

I’m seriously getting worried about what’s happening to our country… Just last week a HR personnel came to our building to get the list of people in here so that incase of a bomb blast in the building they will know who is missing… When we leave home in the morning we don't know whether we'll be coming home in the evening...

I only realized how much the situation in the country is affecting my thinking and how paranoid I’ve become when, recently I saw a package on the ground at church and for a second I actually wondered if it could be a bomb and started to think of what would happen if that bomb were to go off with all of us in church… (thankfully after mass, a man near by picked it up and left)

Right now we're supposed to be in a Cease Fire Agreement with the terrorist group LTTE, but even when they had declared war I don't remember 3 bombs going off within one month... I think it's about time we declared 'war' and got it over with.

4 Comments:

Blogger megz_mum said...

I really feel for you - what a stressful, difficult time you are going through. Stay safe, and know that I wish you well!

10:36 am, June 26, 2006  
Blogger Turtle Guy said...

i've never understood war. lots of thoughts, but probably too many for here...

here's to life and the freedom to live it peacefully.

3:44 am, June 27, 2006  
Blogger ipodmomma said...

been thinking of you over there, every time I hear another news update.

my prareys are with you and your countrymen, and I hope a solution can be reached... but it does sound like things are getting more and more chaotic...

again, my prayers are with you...

10:17 am, June 27, 2006  
Blogger PRan said...

Well Smiley, we are the only species on earth with such a huge canibalistic habit. No other species on earth would kill it's own species at such an amzing rate & crulety...

7:27 pm, June 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home