Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Dirty Dancing

I just got the collector’s edition DVD of Dirty Dancing the movie, which is an all time favourite of mine. Thanks M. I love the soundtrack of this movie, especially She's Like the Wind," written and sung by Swayze; "Hungry Eyes," sung by Eric Carmen; and "(I've Had) The Time of My Life," sung by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes, which won an Oscar for Best Original Song. Actually 'Time of my Life' is an all time favourite of mine.

What I love about the movie is the music and dance sequences. The plot is good but I think this is the best dancing movie ever. This time I just noticed that they’re diong the Salsa. So yesterday was a day of Salsa… on my own. :0) I was dancing with the movie and was trying to remember the steps I learnt some time back. I miss dancing, (only dancing I do these days is in my bedroom to loud music) must start classes again.

I remember watching this as a kid and going crazy over Patrick Swayze (Johnny Castle) I watched the last dance sequence over and over again.

This movie brings back many memories... This was the movie which turned me into a dancing maniac :0)

3 Comments:

Blogger ipodmomma said...

it's so interesting when we think back to a film or LP that hit us so deeply...

Teddy loves this movie too... :)))

7:44 am, June 06, 2006  
Blogger Turtle Guy said...

...flashbacks to an interesting date... when I was um... 19.

6:16 am, June 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

2:49 am, July 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home