Saturday, April 18, 2009

It's Spring... What a wonderful world...

Spring finally is here, and it's so beautiful, the trees are starting to have light green leaves and there are other trees with only flowers no leaves. The transformation of nature is amazing just a few months ago the parks covered in a sheet of white snow, and trees without leaves, has completely converted to become bright green, I can hardly believe that it is the same place... I think I feel the differences even more as I a tropical girl, who;s used to 365 days of summer, and though I do find the cold winters difficult, there is something lovely about the different seasons, the whole cycle of new life in Spring, then Summer, the leaves colouring and falling in Autumn and death of trees in Winter, which leads us back to Spring.
Last evening since the weather was great, i decided to walk home after work, coming home around 7.30pm and there was still day light and little birdies singing! I was walking home listening to my mp3s and even doing a little turn here and there while singing and walking (I'm sure anyone watching me might have thought i;m strange, but I didn;t mind)
I;m learning to appreciate the little things in life, the trees and flowers and even little bugs on the ground… sometimes I feel I;m going back in time and feel like a kid again. Matured as a person but child at heart and I was thinking to my self 'What a wonderful World'.
I see trees of green........ red roses too
I see em bloom..... for me and for you
And I think to myself.... what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue..... clouds of white
Bright blessed days....dark sacred nights
And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world.

The colors of a rainbow.....so pretty ..in the sky
Are also on the faces.....of people ..going by
I see friends shaking hands.....sayin.. how do you do
Theyre really sayin......i love you.




Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna Scott Graham said...

I so enjoyed spring in the UK; no snow but the greening of all plants, great splashes of colour... just so beautiful!

keeping our hearts young, what a blessing... :)))

3:21 pm, April 19, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home