Thursday, May 04, 2006

Unlock your imagination


Just watched the movie, Finding Neverland last night. It’s the story of how play write J. M. Barrie was inspired to write the famous Peter Pan. In the movie, Jonny Depp who plays J. M. Barrie befriends a young widow and her four sons, and their experiences together give him the ideas for a story about boys who do not want to grow up.

It was a magical movie which made me want to be a kid again. Too much of the hum drum work life has seems to be killing my imagination these days.

Imagination can take you to places where you’ve never been and which may not even exist. As a kid I lived in an imaginary world as I used to be very shy didn’t really have many friends. As I grew up I abandoned that imaginary world for the real one, but I guess it’s good to go to that world of imagination from time to time.

Peter: “You see, Wendy, when the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.
When a new baby laughs for the first time a new fairy is born, and as there are always new babies there are always new fairies. They live in nests on the tops of trees; and the mauve ones are boys and the white ones are girls, and the blue ones are just little sillies who are not sure what they are. There ought to be one fairy for every boy and girl."

Wendy: "Ought to be? Isn't there?"

Peter: "No. You see children know such a lot now, they soon don't believe in fairies, and every time a child says, 'I don't believe in fairies,' there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead."

So do you believe in fairies?

2 Comments:

Blogger Turtle Guy said...

Do I believe in fairies? I suppose so - but not in the visual way of Wendy. Call them spirits, if you will. Some I suppose call it "the universe", "the creator", but I do believe there are forces, OTHER than the Creator who see us on our way.

If I were to ask for a fairy to drop in on me right now, I'd probably request a light-hearted, jovial, fun-spirited fairy... I need a little of that right now!

3:41 pm, May 04, 2006  
Blogger Roshanthi said...

Turtle - Hope that light-hearted fairy visits you soon, and if it does do tell it to come my way too.

I believe in those fairies too, or maybe they're angels who look out for you and whisper in your ear to keep you from making major mistakes.

There have been instances when I have suddenly had an unbelievable urge to do or not do something. At that particular moment it doesn't make sense but later I'm glad I followed it.

8:46 am, May 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home