Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Anticipation...

Well I finaly decided to buy the books from the Cambridge MBA Pre-reading List, hoping I'll get a scholarship or loan. (keeping fingers and toes crossed) I figured that even if I go somewhere else there would still come in useful, and I might as well get some background info about the management & finance subjects as I have not studied any of these subjects and most of them are alien to me. Ofcourse I found Organizational behavior really intersting as I'm into psychology.

The three books I bought are below. Still haven't touched them. Let's see how it goes. Anyway since I get the Asian low price editions I only paid about one fifth of what I would have paid if I bought them from UK.

Corporate Finance and Analysis of Financial Reports
Brealey, R., Myers, S.C. and Allen, F. (2006) Corporate finance. (8th ed.) Boston, Mass.; London : Irwin McGraw-Hill

Marketing
Kotler, P. and Keller, K.L. (2006) Marketing management. (12th ed.) Upper Saddle River, N.J. : Prentice Hall/Pearson Education

Organisational Behaviour and the Management of People
Robbins, S. (2005) Organizational behavior. (11th ed./International ed.) Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall

3 Comments:

Blogger Turtle Guy said...

Oh, do keep me posted on "Organizational behaviour"! I struggle with that myself! I wonder if the book is available in Canada?

4:10 pm, May 10, 2006  
Blogger ipodmomma said...

hi there! thanks for the comment... life is what we make of it, and what we allow it to become... in that sometimes we think, "oh, I can only do this or that..."

but it sounds like you know that if there is something you want to do, you'll go for it!

Cambridge is a beautiful city, and I'm sure you will enjoy it!!!

you have a really nice blog... I'll come back... :)))

mollie

8:27 pm, May 10, 2006  
Blogger Roshanthi said...

turtle guy, I think that book should be available in Canada cos it's a popular text for most MBAs around the world. Just started to go through it, so will post about intersting stuff.

catch-all term, Hope you continue blogging.

ipodmomma, I look forward to meeting you more in the blog-o-sphere.

4:55 am, May 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home