Friday, May 12, 2006

Happy Birthday to me!

I have lived on this planet for 26 years. So what have I done in the last year…

Other than the usual, there were many firsts in my life and I must say I’m happy with where I am today. Only thing I hate about growing older is that, people (especially old aunts) keep asking me about when I’m going to settle down and get married! Hey I’m enjoying my crazy single life, so why can’t people just give me a break!

My firsts while still 25 (in Reverse chronological order)

Started my Blog - So far I’m enjoying the blogging experience and have made many blogging buddies. :0)

Got accepted by Cambridge MBA program - Just getting accepted was a dream come true, this was my ‘wishful thinking’ school and I almost didn’t apply thinking I wouldn’t be accepted. I also got accepted to the Melbourne Business School MBA program and the Asper Business School, Manitoba Canada.

Travelled overseas on my own - (for the Cambridge MBA interview) Loved the experience. I was there for a week and toured both London and Cambridge. Though I have traveled to many countries this was the first time that my parents didn’t come with me. I'm hoping I'll get to go to Cambridge, I totally fell in love with the it!

Took part in my very first musical stage drama - (a public performance which went on for 3 nights) This was a experience of a life time, especially for someone who used to be really shy. I got to sing, dance and act for a large audience on stage. :0)

White Water Rafting - went White Water Rafting for the first time and totally enjoyed my self. I love it.

4 Comments:

Blogger ipodmomma said...

a most happy birthday to you!!!!

9:21 pm, May 12, 2006  
Blogger Turtle Guy said...

Sweet! Happy birthday to you, my friend! Gosh... what had I done by the time I was 26? I'd run by business for 10 years - three of those in a full-time capacity. That year was a year of work for me. It was a bit of a blur - days just sort of ran into each other. I remember buying my own birthday cake for 27 though... that was rather hillarious. My friends thought I was crazy, but they didn't mind digging in!

4:52 am, May 13, 2006  
Blogger S said...

Congrats on Cambridge one!!! I am going to Oxford this year :)

7:07 am, May 19, 2006  
Blogger Amit said...

A very happy birthday to you. And dont worry about those aunts they just cant see any person happy i.e single :-)

7:26 am, May 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home