Monday, May 29, 2006

I'm back to 'chirpy me' :0)

I guess sometimes when you're feeling down, it's best to just let yourself be a bit miserable for a while and usually you get back to normal soon enough! :0)

I know all these 'postive thinking' books and people say to 'bare it with a smile' and 'think happy thoughts'. But I think sometimes it's good to let your feelings out as long as you don't stay that way. It's alright not to be Happy all the time. I just learnt this cos until recently I used to always believe that you have to 'bear it all with a smile'. But what happens then is that all these feelings get collected in the subconscious and make you irritable, so there's no real external reason for being short tempered but internally it's a collection of little things. I think that's what happened to me recently.

On a different note, as much as I hate to even think of the possibility of not getting the financial aid I need for Cambridge (cos without the loan or schol I can't afford it), I guess I should start thinking about my backup options. My Fulbright Schol and the ADB schol for Melbourne Uni (though I got into Melbourne MBA program, again I can't afford the whole amount) applications were rejected saying that I don't have enough work experience, so the other MBA I got accepted at is Manitoba, Canada where I got a small schol so the total comes to less than a third of the Cambridge cost. So I finally decided to start my Canadian student VISA application process as the MBA starts mid August, and I don't want to find out in the last moment that I don't have enough time for the VISA. This way what ever happens I'll be ready. :0) (I can't stop dreaming abuot Cambridge though... )

4 Comments:

Blogger ipodmomma said...

totally agree with you on letting feelings out. it's one thing to be consistently cranky, but another wholly different to allow oneself the opportunity to grouse, then get back on with the goodness in life... glad you are feeling better!

will keep you in prayer over the school/cost issue... :)))

6:03 pm, May 29, 2006  
Blogger PRan said...

Hi Smiley,
Thanks for visiting & commenting
& ofcourse for adding me to your Blogging budies list.
I'v done the same, & sorry for taking so long to do so.
U seem to have frequent mood swings, well a mood stablizer like Lithium would could be prescribed. Just kidding..Dont take it seriosly...
Life is like that. U'll get over it.
Great job with blogging.. Keep it up...

6:49 pm, May 29, 2006  
Blogger Turtle Guy said...

Good words here... I'll email you a more in-depth reply.

9:10 pm, May 29, 2006  
Blogger Roshanthi said...

ipodmomma - Thanks for your prayers :0)

pran - Just like a doc, goinging around giving prescriptions for drugs (kidding ;0) )

turtle guy - Thanks for the looong email comment, I replied back

5:33 am, May 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home