Friday, May 19, 2006

The Wedding


Well if anyone missed me yesterday, I was at a friends wedding most of the day. :0)

Had to wear a Saree as it was a traditional wedding. I always try to avoid wearing sarees unless it's absolutely necessary cos I feel like a cripple in an ankle length straight jacket in saree! I just thought of including a picture of a saree for anyone who is not familiar with it.

As in the pic you have to hold one end of the saree making the left arm totally useless. It's one large piece of cloth that has to be draped in a particular way. So you have to stay like a lady in one place. Something I find very difficult to do.(that's not me incase you're wondering! I am paranoid about putting my putting my photo on the internet)

2 Comments:

Blogger Turtle Guy said...

Ah, the fickle whims of fashion! I have a soft spot in my heart for ladies who go through the pain and anguish of "uncomfortable" for the cause.

7:25 am, May 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto on that one. I feel you Turtle Guy

12:51 pm, May 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home