Monday, June 05, 2006

Better Late than never…


I have a confession to make… I never learnt to ride a bike… until a few weeks ago that is. As a kid I was very unsporty and when I fell off the bike I never got back on again.

So imagine my dismay when I realized that it’s the main mode of transport for students in Unis and especially at Cambridge. So I thought ‘better late than never’ and started to learn with my cousin next door. I was quite happy with my self cos within a month I was able to keep my balance and had not fallen once…until yesterday. My problem area is my turns, I take them too early or too late. Yesterday when attempting a turn a car came from no where and in my excitement, I landed in the flower bed near by. (luckily I’m still in one piece and so were the plants. My body does ache a bit though.) Imagine me sitting in the flower bed and bike on me… My coach was just laughing his head off, not helping me, ofcourse I don’t blame the guy I was having a fit of laughter too. That was definitely a ‘funniest home video’ moment! Thankfully no one had a camcorder and the road was deserted.

I got back on the bike and we continued with no more mishaps for the day. :0) Just thought of sharing this funny moment with everone.

2 Comments:

Blogger Turtle Guy said...

Oh, I will have to share the story of my learning! Far too long to post here, but I think you'll enjoy it. I'll mail you with the tale!

4:38 pm, June 05, 2006  
Blogger Amit said...

ouch thtat reminded me I have to relearn how to drive a bike. II beleive its said that people never forget how to ride a bike, swim or shoot a gun. I hope thats true. I think I should start again with my motor cycle.


-Amit

6:50 am, June 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home