Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Definition of Success Continued...

As I was reading the Definition of Success, a couple of lines reminded me of a poem I wrote many years ago and had forgotten about. I dug it out yesterday and thought of posting it here. So here is my first and last attempt at writing a poem. :0)

We all want to do great things in our life time,
To be rich and famous, to stand against crime,
But even if we’re not heros or great leaders when we leave this world
If we could say,
That one person is happier because of us,
Then our life was not just a passing day.
We made someone’s life better, we put a smile on someone’s face
Even if that person wasn’t someone great
It doesn’t really matter
For in their hearts we’d always have a special place.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger ipodmomma said...

that is a beautifyl poem!!! and a fantastci sentiment too... :))))

10:13 pm, May 31, 2006  
Blogger megz_mum said...

Nice sentiment, nicely written!

1:34 pm, June 01, 2006  
Blogger Turtle Guy said...

Nicely written, simple and true. If this is how you see your life it's no wonder you have the friends you do!

1:59 pm, June 01, 2006  
Blogger Roshanthi said...

Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement, maybe I should try my hand at another poem when I've got the time. :0)

This is kind of the way I see life.

5:26 am, June 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home