Thursday, January 25, 2007

Snow!


Today was the first day we had proper snow in Cambridge and the back yard looked so pretty covered by a sheet of snow. I saw that it was snowing as I was getting ready to go to Uni and as soon as I stepped out I thought I should take a picture and ran back in to get my camera.

It was interesting to cycle while is was snowing, at first I enjoyed it but later when the snow flakes started to get in my eyes and nose and mouth, it wasn't that fun!

So as you can imagine it's pretty cold here, and I thought that we were going to have a very mild Winter!

Thesedays work is extremely hectic again. I didn't think it was possible to get anymore hectic than last semester but it is! We've got assignements due almost every otherday and full day lectures, but all in all it's still an interesting experience. So this is what has been keeping me away from the blog-o-sphere for a while.

Just today a new girl moved into my house and guess what she's a Sri Lankan. What are the chances of that, considering how few Sri Lankans are here! It's great to have someone to speak in Sinhala with. We had a nice long chat. I'm looking forward to getting to know her more...

5 Comments:

Blogger ipodmomma said...

all three of mine were very excited with the snow, but it didn't last long..

enjoy your new roomie! :)))

9:17 pm, January 26, 2007  
Blogger Turtle Guy said...

You are braver than I to cycle in the snow!

1:15 am, January 30, 2007  
Blogger Turtle Guy said...

hmm... i've already been here... apparently you haven't been here... for a while...

thining of you... hope you're well.

7:28 am, February 08, 2007  
Blogger Roshanthi said...

Well I haven't been blogging for quite some time work has been unbelievably hectic. Everything is well. I'll do another post on Snow cos it's really snowing today and everything is sooo pretty covered with snow :)
I suddenly realized that I had not blogged for some time after seeing your post Turtle Guy.

10:38 am, February 08, 2007  
Blogger Atasha said...

No more cycling in the snow! :-)
You know that is great about your roommate. We moved a few weeks before christmas and my neighbour is from Trinidad. I could not believe it. I cannot recall meeting any Trinidadians in all of my 9 yrs in CA and now just like that! Isn't that crazy so I sort of know how exciting it is.

Take Care and stay warm

5:35 am, February 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home