Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Birthday to me (a belated one!)

Yesterday was my Birthday and it’s funny, I really don’t feel my age at all, most of my friends have ‘settled down’ and some even have kids, I sometimes still feel like one! I’ve even skipped on the road a couple of times like a little kid (I’m sure passer-bys would have thought I was crazy), but I really didn’t care!

I actually think that I am getting younger! If not by age and looks at least by heart! I feel much younger than a few years ago… I remember after uni when I was working I used to carry the weight of the world on my shoulders and was part of the ‘rat race’, and used to get stressed regularly… since then I think I have learnt not to take things too seriously, now I try to do my best with things I can change, but at the same time I try to accept what I can’t. For example, I used to get stressed if the train gets late or something, now I just start listening to my mp3s and call my appointment to say I’m getting late, cos the train is not going to come any sooner, just cos I got stressed…it’s a lot of little things like that, but it makes a difference when u learn to let go. And I also think that I don’t worry as much as I used to about what others think, I try to do what is right, and not worry too much whether it was the ‘in’ thing to do.

I still do sometimes get a bit stressed over work and things, but have improved a lot… So my prayer for my new year on this planet is…

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"

A friend asked me ‘so what have u done in the past 29 years?’ and then I started thinking about it… I guess I would like to think that I have made a positive difference in the lives of a people who I have come into contact with, and hopefully my work; especially in the not for profit sector has had some impact in someone’s life even in an indirect way…I’ve also learnt so many things about life and people…but as we all know, the more we learn, the more we realize how much more there is and how ignorant we are! It’s a life long occupation…

I must also say that I have truly been blessed in the past 29 years, I’ve got more that I ever dreamed of… and I know that my life could be someone else’s dream… I wonder what have I done to deserve all this? I guess the best way of thanking for it, is simply by trying to give back to others in any way I can…

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna Scott Graham said...

Happy belated Birthday!!!

I like your outlook... :)))

6:07 am, May 17, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home