Wednesday, July 19, 2006

From a silent listener to presenter in a second…

I just got to know that the local British Council is conducting a Seminar on “Getting into Cambridge” and that anyone interested in meeting some Alumni and listening to a presentation about the Uni and the College System done by a representative can attend by making a prior appointment over the phone.

The plan was for me to go and just listen to the presentations and maybe have a chat with the alumni if time permitted. Since they had also mentioned that some students entering in 2006/2007 will also be present I thought that this might be a good opportunity for me to get to know some fellow Cambridge students going there this September.

So I called the BC representative and told him that I would like to attend the seminar. So he asked me about what type of a degree I was interested in and I told him that I was already in the Cambridge MBA program, and would just like to come and listen to the presentations. The minute I said I was already in, I could almost hear a smile on the other end. He suddenly asked me “How would you like to help us do a presentation to the others about your application and interview process?” I was taken aback for minute, I mean here I am just planning on sitting and listening to a couple of presentations, and being told that he’d really appreciate It if I could be one of the speakers to a large audience including some major professionals! (and mind you this seminar is this Saturday)

Apparently they don’t have any MBA candidates and there have been many prospective students asking about it! So I thought what the hell, I’ll do it. I’ll tell them what Iearnt during last year about everything from Finances to Colleges. I figured this might be a great networking opportunity too :0)

Hopefully I won’t get tongue tied!

6 Comments:

Blogger Turtle Guy said...

I remember helping my friend edit his thesis in Fluviogeomorphology. Somehow, because of my electronics background, I became not only editor of the written word, but also resource-guy when it came to the section on Ohm's Law and such. Nowhere close to the same experience, but it's the first thing that popped into my head.

It's late.

Pillow time!

8:26 am, July 19, 2006  
Blogger megz_mum said...

How exciting! Hope it goes well!

10:09 am, July 19, 2006  
Blogger Atasha said...

Yes, how exciting! You'll do great! Wonderful news

10:32 am, July 19, 2006  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Smiley ~~ Thanks for your comments.
I am glad you liked the poem and jokes.
Take care, Merle.

12:59 pm, July 19, 2006  
Blogger Dimuthu Leelarathne said...

You'll do a super job!

10:30 am, July 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

2:49 am, July 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home