Saturday, October 07, 2006

Back in the bolg-o-sphere...

I'm back again after a couple of weeks. So much has happened in the last few days I don't know where to begin...

I'm really enjoying this MBA cos most of the students are so international, and have such different backgrounds I've learnt so much just by chatting with them. There is one guy who is a stem cell researcher, and one doc and other's who have their own companies and two Phds and so many other areas.

Only problem is that I sometimes feel a bit overwhelmed with all the assignments and we've also started to look into our first real consultancy project which we will be doing for a company based in Cambridgein groups of five. Since my background is in engineering most of subjects like Economics and Accounts are pretty Alien to me, so I sometimes feel that the class is going too fast. Ofcourse there are many others who feel that way too. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon though.

I think this living on my own is also a great exprience cos then you learn to do so many things you take for granted like marketing and cooking and washing clothes. All in all though I'm enjoying it.

Ofcourse though there's so much to do I still find enough time to explore Cambridge too. As our first team building experice my study group (my consultancy project team assigned by Judge) and I went punting. I believe that punting is unique to Oxford and Cambridge. After going in circles and blocking the others and lot of other mishaps we finally got the hang of it. You can see some pics of that and others taken here. It's a lot more difficult than it looks cos the pole is very long and heavy. This is my study group before we went punting.



You can see more pics at www.flickr.com/photos/roshanthi I was going to add a pic of me punting but unfortunately this blog spot is giving trouble with the photos
again.
Two of my team members

Kings College from across the river

I've also just bought a bike and started cycling to Uni. Can you beleive that? Just a few months ago didn't even know how to ride! You might remember my previous adventures of learning to cycle here

There's a Salsa night every Wedensday at Cambridge and I went for that yesterday. That was really fun :0) I'm trying to get a proper work, fun balance :0)

7 Comments:

Blogger Turtle Guy said...

Looks like you and I are seeking AND finding a similar balance!

Sweet!

Excellent photos, too!

4:06 am, October 07, 2006  
Blogger Atasha said...

Wow such wonderful photos! And I had no clue about the bicycle riding!

You know that pole looks larger than you. I don't know how you managed!

You are right about getting a proper balance. So...did you dance??? hehehe

7:31 am, October 07, 2006  
Blogger Roshanthi said...

Turtle Guy - It is cool that we're finding a similar study life balance.

Atasha - I did dance with a Spanish guy who happened to be a great dancer. It was really fun :0)

11:29 pm, October 07, 2006  
Blogger PRan said...

Very interseting....
Well the blog posts have changed a lot from what it was.
Did u notice it yourself???

6:38 pm, October 08, 2006  
Blogger Roshanthi said...

Hmmm... Actually I didn't. do mean that I tend to write more about what I'm doing rather than how I feel about things? I guess that's mainly cos there's just so much happening and I love to write all about them, there's not much space for anything else.

11:38 pm, October 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Smiley ~~ I see you are all settled in now and getting used to all the new things. I do hope you will enjoy this time in your life. At least
with the internet, you can keep in touch with your family and friends. Best of luck to you. Take care, Merle.

2:04 pm, October 11, 2006  
Blogger Roshanthi said...

Thanks Merle. Haven't had too much to check other blogs lately but will visit yours when I've got some time.

12:10 am, October 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home