Friday, August 11, 2006

WANT A PANDA? APPLY NOW!

Well I just got this email about 16 Panda Babies born at the a zoo in southwest China. They looked soooo... cute I just had to post them. Aren't they the cutest things you've ever seen?

The Sichuan Wolong Panda Protection and Breed Center is dealing with the results of a breeding boom -- 16 pandas have been born since July, 2005. The brood includes five sets of twins. The cubs are weighed and measured every five days by a special panda nurse. (I want to be a Panda Nurse!)

The heaviest tips the scale at just over 24 pounds, while the lightest weighs about 11 pounds. The pandas are due to stop being suckled by their mothers in February, 2006 just about the time they'll start learning to walk. Once weaned, the panda cubs will attend panda kindergarten. In the meantime, more little ones are expected at the center, since 38 giant pandas were artificially impregnated.

6 Comments:

Blogger Turtle Guy said...

pandas... cute! wonder if they'd let me have one!

1:33 am, August 12, 2006  
Blogger Merle said...

Helo Smiley ~~ Great photos of the Pandas They are so cute. I also loved the photos you shared with us. So many
slephants bathing, and you look nice. Good luck with your studies and I hope
you won't be too homesick. Thanks for your comments and yes Life is an Adventure. Best of luck on yours.
Take care, Merle.

5:05 am, August 12, 2006  
Blogger Atasha said...

WOW! Isn't that something? They're the cutest things next to my kids ofcourse....hehehe. Don't you just want to hug and squeeze them

8:37 am, August 16, 2006  
Blogger Atasha said...

Oops I've been meaning to ask, how did the speech go that Saturday? Hope it went well! Unless ofcourse I missed it somehow in your posts!!

8:42 am, August 16, 2006  
Blogger Roshanthi said...

I've been so busy lately I had forgotten all about that speech. Well it turned out to be that the Workshop was mainly for Undergrads and so full of 17 and 18 year olds, and I felt rather old...
There were a few Postgrads, so I had a chat with them and told them what I had learnt from the application process...

5:41 am, August 17, 2006  
Blogger Atasha said...

Good, atleast you don't have a disaster story to tell! :-)

9:29 am, August 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home