Thursday, February 22, 2007

Where is my life headed???

Well I guess I've been blogging a lot less lately, with so much to do. Especially since I'm not only working on lectures and assignments but also with job hunting. (CVs Coverletters and all... cos most of the deadlines for positions after September are in Jan and Feb) Last week we just had a Cambridge Oxford Careers fair. Hopefully I'll be able to work here for atleast a couple of years so that I can pay back my loan quickly. I'd love to work in a Tech related area which is also connected with busienss. Tech consultancy is one of the careers I'm interested in.

While I was wondering what I want to do with life, yesterday a couple of MBAs from last years class came to speak about their business venture. They had both left great jobs at banks to open their own cycle store. While I was not totally conviced of their business case and the amount they were expecting to make, I was so impressed with their courage! It's amazing how most of the entrepreners start from very small and go no to do so well... This seriously makes me wonder about what I want to do...

4 Comments:

Blogger Atasha said...

Yes that's something to think about. I actually want to start my own business, however small it was going to be making sling rings, shopping cart covers and other small baby items. My 1st target was the mommies in the group that i organize and other groups that I belong to. i got scared when the orders started coming in and knowing myself had to call it quits for now anyway. it was too demanding for me, the deadlines and people who want specific this and that. With 2 kids and a husband it's hard to find the time. So I will try again later. I haven't given up. One of my college buddies gave up his accounting job and opened a restaurant. it was hard at first and still is extremely demanding but he is doing well. I admire that courage as it does take a bit to venture out on your own.

I haven't even thought about what i want to do with myself once I finish having kids and they are old enough to give me some time to do other things. Actually the thought scares me.

5:30 am, February 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hullo Roshanthi,

Could you please send me your personal id to yomanhehe@hotmail.com? I have a few questions about JUDGE which I will be very grateful if you could please asnwer. I couldn't find your mail id in your blog(which I read from start to finish BTW)

Cheers,
Yoman

7:28 pm, February 22, 2007  
Blogger ipodmomma said...

maybe think of it as what you want to do right now... you don't know what will be down the road 10, 20 years from now, and it might be very different than what you imagine now...

exciting times!

8:27 pm, February 23, 2007  
Blogger Turtle Guy said...

Speaking as one who started a business 20 years ago out of the love for DOING what I do, certainly not out of being business-savvy, I must say that having a strong educational background is going to only strengthen your success story. I've learned a lot from simply "doing", but had I gone in with a business background, I expect things would look a lot different today.

Keep the faith.

6:48 am, February 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home