Thursday, September 13, 2007

Cosi Fan Tutte

One of the best things about Cambridge is there are many performances, theatre, opera musicals... where the actors and singers are of 'West End' quality, but the tickets are much cheaper. I guess part of the reason is cos though most of the actors and actresses are students they are all studying classical arts and maybe I've seen the stars of tomorrow performing here!

So these days I thought of catching as many performances as possible since I've got the time. Yesterday I went to see my first Opera with a friend, it was Mozart's comedy, 'Cosi Fan Tutte' sung in English. According to the Wikipedia the title literally means "Thus do all [women]"

It had the theme of "fiancee swapping" where the two main characters disguise themselves and try to seduce the other's fiancee in order to prove to themselves that their women are faithful as their when friend proclaims that all women are fickle.
I thought it had a rather silly story line (and I totally disagree with their idea that all women are unfaithful), but the music was beautiful and the singing was brilliant! [hey am turning British, they're the one's always calling everything brilliant!] All in all it was an enjoyable evening.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger ipm said...

sounds like a fine outing!

oh, I miss people saying 'brilliant'...

5:14 am, September 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home