Saturday, September 22, 2007

I Love this town...

I just bought the Bon Jovi album Lost Highway and the song 'I love this town' hit close to home cos I'll be leaving Cambridge soon, and I do love this town there are some words which stick in my head.

I always knew, that I'd like this place
You don't have to look too far,to find a friendly face
I feel alive when I'm walkin' on the street
I feel the heart of the citypoundin' underneath my feet

Yeahhhhh let the world keep spinnin round 'n' round
This is where it's goin' down, down, down
That's why I, love this town
That's why I, keep co-min' round
Say hey (say hey) say yeah (say yeah)
You make me feel at home some how, right, now
That's why I, love this town


I've got some good friends here, I might have broke a heart or two
It's gettin' loud over there, they boys must have had a few
And hey the cop on the corner, he knows everybody's name
And a kid with a train singin' forsome spare loose change

One of the things that I love about Cambridge is the historical significance of all the buildings and how whenever you pass a building there’s a wonderful story behind it, like the famous Eagle pub where we meet up often which was the place where Crick and Watson announced the finding of the DNA to the public. Then there's Newton’s famous apple tree (actually a descendant from it) on Trinity Street which I would pass each day on my way home from the University.

I'll also miss my friends, but will be coming back in May next year for my Graduation.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Atasha said...

WOW, how long has it been since you went there? I remember when you posted about going now you'll be leaving. Time flies, eh?

6:59 am, September 24, 2007  
Blogger ipm said...

lovely! if this writing career ever gets off the ground, I have the idea for Wanted Dead or Alive as the background to a scene set in Wales at the castle where Prince Charles was made prince of Wales...

hee hee hee....

5:58 pm, September 24, 2007  
Blogger Turtle Guy said...

I relate to your relating to what Mr. Bon Jovi relates to.

Carry on!

5:38 pm, September 25, 2007  
Blogger Turtle Guy said...

I heard the whole album only last week - a bit of a departure for dear Jon, yes?

They play Calgary in December.

Busy 'not blogging', I see!

1:04 pm, October 11, 2007  
Blogger Roshanthi said...

Atasha, time does fly, feels like it was just weeks ago that I was getting ready to come to Cambridge and now I'm bacK in Sri Lanka!

IPM, that could work! :D


TG, yes it is different from his usual songs. But I like the album. Just got back to Sri Lanka and so things are pretty hectic. Will start blogging again when i'm a bit free :)
You should definitely go to see them perform live, it was a fantastic experience!

11:41 am, October 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home